Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rolf Aamot (Digital Photopaintings)

"The Song Gives Wings to Sorrow"


 "Heaven"


 "Hope"


 'September 11"


 "Tide 1"


For years there has been a constant struggle concerning photography and its relationship to art.  What is truly "art"? Are photographs artistic, or are they strictly documentary. As we all know (or else we wouldn't be in this class) there is an art to the photograph.  When I first saw Aamot's work, it struck  me because it is do different from what my mind thinks of when I hear "photography." Aamot uses light to "paint" his composition filled with color and form.  I find it intriguing that it is nearly impossible to tell what the source of the photograph is, which in turn is what draws me in to wanting to lean more about the piece.


~Alex Prontnicki



No comments:

Post a Comment